Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 20 December 2019

Advent Calendar XX

This is a special one for UK readers of a "Certain Age". For many of us when we think of Advent one of our first thoughts will be the Blue Peter Advent Crown. For the rest of you Blue Peter is a children's magazine show on the BBC, with an emphasis of learning, making and doing stuff. One of the many things they always did was their Advent Crown, made of tinsel and old wire coat hangers it exemplified the concept of making.

I think pretty much every show one of the presenters would make something, then while the glue or paint was drying they would pull a perfect example out from under the table and say "Here's one I made earlier". Well I am now on holiday, so this post is a bit of a "Blue Peter" ~ in as much as it's one I made earlier.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Thanks for explaining "Blue Peter." As an American trans girl, I might have thought it had to do with an overzealous tuck. :-)