Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Monday 5 March 2018

Irregular

I know I have been a very irregular presence around here just recently, to be honest I just haven't had the "will" to do much at all.   I struggled long and hard over what word to use before I settled on will, my first thought was "energy", then I thought about "enthusiasm" but neither seemed to quite sum up how I have been feeling.

The weather and attendant lack of work opportunities haven't helped, but over the last few weeks I have really struggled to get going and get things done.   I struggle to get out of bed in the morning and then I end up sitting up late watching rubbish TV.  I know I have to go out and do something at a particular time, but still struggle to leave the flat.   In simple terms I am having a great deal of trouble over coming inertia.   Even when there are things I want to do, I have trouble stopping doing whatever else it is I am engaged on to do it.

Don't get me wrong I haven't let anyone down, when I know that I am being relied on I can get up and out, I may not be as prepared as I would prefer, but I manage. I suspect that some of this is simply seasonal, I always struggle during the winter, and this one seems to have gone on for too long! I also suspect that some of it may be my medication. I can't help wondering if some of it is also that maybe I need to make some more fundamental changes in my lifestyle! I certainly don't want to have to go through another winter like this, with not enough money to make sure I have enough of everything else.

Anyway it is now time for me to get on with some proper work! I have invoices to get out, e-mails to send, and stuff to sell!

No comments: