Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 18 December 2015

Advent Calendar XIIX


The other night I went to a show case event my daughter was involved with, as far as I can work out she helped to produce, stage managed and performed.   I have to say that I am in awe of just what a talented and all round cool bunch she and her friends are.   I hear and see so much which complains about "Young People Today", teenagers are apparently something to fear, as if they are a separate species, well I have to say that those young people I saw performing on Wednesday night were only a source of fear if you are a musician because there is competition coming!



Now obviously I am a little biased, but I think they sound great, and they are really nice people as well, I hope I haven't just destroyed any cred they may have by being liked by a middle aged female classical musician, somehow I think I am more likely to be going to one of their performances than they are to come to one of mine.

Last night I played with my Jazz/Blues band for the volunteers Christmas party at our local Hospice, we had a great time, and I think the audience enjoyed themselves as well.   As a band we just need to get some more performance opportunities.

I had every intention of getting some photos taken, but once again failed, in the heat of the moment! I didn't quite look like Betty, but I did have the same colour combination.

No comments: