Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 15 August 2015

Loose ends

I suspect that over the last couple of posts I have left a few loose trails, so maybe I should try to tie some of them off. In my last post I talked about marriage, and was reminded of this :~

"It is often said that as married couples get older they can grow apart as each partner wants different things, in our case the trouble was we both wanted the same thing ~ Colin Firth"







I put that in quotation marks and italics just to emphasise that It is a joke! oh yes, and an opportunity for a gratuitous photo of Colin Firth, Oh who needs an excuse, let's have another.


What did I wear to my meeting on Tuesday afternoon? I decided on sensible, formal and businesslike, the dark blue trouser suit with cream blouse and modest heels.  I did not expect any comments or compliments so I wasn't disappointed, but one of my colleagues did observe that I looked very nice, and more to the point appropriate.  For me this was another river crossed and yet another bridge burnt.

I still feel surprised when I realise that there are still people or organisations I haven't told, but over the last few days I have been going through all my utility suppliers making sure that they all have the right name.  I have had no real problems with any of them making the change - except for the one organisation that should be the most clued up, the Gender Identity Clinic.   I am sure that it is nothing personal, but it seems to me that they have serious systemic problems with the Admin there, and have had for a number of years.   This is neither the time nor the place to go into details but I have felt obliged make a formal complaint! Lets hope that does the trick and I don't need to escalate the situation further.

And finally ~ for today anyway ~ I have been mulling over the whole Pride experience.   I expect that I will take part in the same three next year, I hope to take on a bigger role at Trans Pride and will once again just do the Parades at London and Brighton.   They were all fun, but it was Trans Pride which had an edge, it still has a community feel and a protest aspect, the other two just felt like a big party nothing wrong with that but I don't think that everything is rosy, we still need to assert our rights a battle may have been won, and a lot of progress has been made over the last year, but we still have a way to go.

No comments: