Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 6 August 2014

It's a Wonderful Life

There is so much that I enjoy about life, my life that it is just plain silly to get "down".

This week one of the Cannas I bought at last year's Wisley festival has come into to flower, and is every bit as beautiful as I had hoped it would be.   My favorite phlox (Bright eyes) is in full pomp and the Hibiscus is coming into flower.   I have a full diary of work, the sun is out (most of the time) I have good friends, just about everybody I have spoken to about my transition has been very supportive, positive or at the very least indifferent.


So why does a simple lack of money make me so fed up!   I do seriously worry about how much longer I can continue with such a hand to mouth existence, there is a constant balancing act working out which bill to pay when, can I afford to fill the van up with fuel or will I just have to put in a splash until that cheque clears.   I know that there are plenty of people out there in much worse situations, it's just the unrelenting, continuous drag that gets me down.   There is light at the end of the tunnel, but from here the end of the tunnel looks a long way off.

In the mean time I am determined to make the most of what I have and am looking forward to enjoying the Trans PALS club night on Saturday and dinner with my friend next Thursday.



No comments: