Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 11 April 2013

A Good day part 3

Well, after the concert there was a choice of go home on my own, or pop over the road to the pub with the rest of the band, and some of the audience, what my American friends would probably call a "no brainer".

Whilst I was gobsmacked at the prices in the bar I did stay for a few, and enjoyed the company of the band.   Although many were there with partners and most seemed to be old friends, while I was the new girl I was not left on my own at all, and had several enjoyable conversations with several interesting people (including a very nice man from Boston).   I could not let myself go too much though as I had taken the option to drive, while it was a bit of a pain to not be able to drink, it was nice to be able to just drive home and not worry about public transport at all.

The final icing on the cake was that as it was pretty late by the time I got home and the rest of the family were asleep in bed, so I could get indoors and then get changed just the once before going to bed.   It is one of the frustrations of my situation that I have to clean off my makeup and nail polish, and get changed into drab before coming home, often only to get changed again and go pretty much straight to bed. It was so nice to be able to sit down for a moment with a cup of decaff before cleaning off my nails and face.   Sometimes it is the simple pleasures that can mean the most.

In the mean time life has been carrying on, as it has a tendency to, so far I have been able to work every day this week, and have a full diary for next week, something of a relieve after the recent weather.   I have also picked up an old bass guitar for renovation, I soon got it working and it looks like all it needed was a good clean, renewing a few connections and some new strings.   As soon as I have picked up a set of strings and restrung it I shall be auctioning it off on e-bay.   I always keep my eyes open for instruments that I think I can do something with, and hopefully make a small profit, but this will be the first time I will have done it with something that's not brass!  

I realise that I have only just finished writing about last Saturday and we are nearly at the next one, this coming weekend will be one of my Cardiff weekends, which means that yet again I will be missing the Croydon Trans Group meeting, this is a real shame, not just because I miss the girls and want to be part of the support network, but also because this week Helen has arranged a special late night shopping opportunity for us with one of the local charity shops.   This will be a great opportunity for some of the less self confident girls to shop without fear of embarrassment, and try on their choices before buying.   I will be sending a supportive message by e-mail, but it's not the same as being there.

1 comment:

Joni Roberta said...

Sounds like you a wonderful day!

Shopping is a special opportunity I don't get to enjoy much, so it was a real treat to find two dresses that I really like when I poked around at a charity shop last week!