Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Sunday 13 January 2013

3.14159265359

Saturdays are always busy, well actually most days are in our household, but yesterday I had a lot that I wanted to achieve, and I managed most of it.   The Accer has gone to the Doctors at PC World, and now I just have to wait for the bad news, it is out of my hands.   I also could not put off cleaning the van any longer, on Friday afternoon I looked at it and felt quite ashamed, so as soon as I got back from PC World I went at it.

Of course the dirtier a vehicle gets the harder it is to get clean, and my van was dirty so it took me a while to get it clean, after that it didn't feel fare not to clean my wife's car as well.   This took slightly less than a quarter of the time (well it probably has about a quarter of the surface area) and looked much better when finished, this is a job I always find it difficult to start, but when I do I actually quite enjoy, I certainly much prefer to drive a clean vehicle, it is after all part of my presentation of self to the world.   After that I did some practise, at first I was a little frightened by how bad I sounded but after a short time my lip "came in" and a good trombone sound started to show through, I am glad I managed a bit of time on the trombone before this evening's rehearsal, I think I shall have enough to worry about without making sure the instrument works, and I can remember how to play it.

Finally we had a little family outing, we all went to see Life of Pi, I read the book a few years ago and was captivated by it, but couldn't see how they would be able to film it.   Well I had heard so many good reviews that I decided we would go.   We all thoroughly enjoyed it, the 3D actually is an integral part of the film and enhances the spirituality of the story, rather than being an add on gimmick, the images are simply fantastic I strongly recommend this film to anyone who hasn't yet seen it, I would however still recommend the book even more.

By the time we got home from the film it was gone nine and we hadn't eaten so it was too late to go to my support group meeting, while I was sad to miss it  I did remind myself that my priority is my family and I will be out playing tonight anyway so no great loss.   The family was happy, we spent so good time together, and managed to get to bed at a sensible time.  So all in all a another good day.

No comments: