Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Ultimatum

When I got back from a meeting had first thing this morning I found that my wife had left a letter for me~ never a good sign ~ basically this was a "give up or get out" ultimatum.   I am very sad that I have been so selfish not to have realised that things had got that bad, and very sad that she feels the need too go this far.

I have replied with what I hope is a considered and full response, I am not prepared to give up on our marriage, and will do everything I can to save it.   I am however not sure that I should promise to do what I probably can't do.   We have never been good at communicating~indeed that is one of the reasons I started this Blog ~ but I think we need to start getting better.   I think we need to get some counselling and have suggested we go to "Relate"

I need to concentrate on this so my posts may be a little sporadic, non existent, or extensive and self indulgent at the moment I just don't know.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I am sorry that you have had this letter. It's hard on both sides but you always seemed to keep most if not all of Paula away from your family. I hope you can find some middle ground that works for you both.

Becca

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

Reading some of your recent posts and the ones Meg has posted about her marriage makes me very wary of being any more open about Dani. Yes, my wife knows I dress...but she seems basically OK as long as it's not "in her face" and only in private. There's no way I can ever go out in public, especially in a way that she would be aware of.

Nadine Spirit said...

I am sorry you are in this position, Paula. I wish you the best in dealing with this.

Anonymous said...

I know where you are because I’m there too. That goes for trying to continue the relationship with my spouse also. It’s hard to do but it’s worth it, I’ve never wanted my T-ness to be breaking the waves between us but the undertow might make me drown. For now I’m still floating and I wish you can hold on to some driftwood too.

LL Cool Joe said...

Hmm this sounds tough. I know myself I reached a point where I had to compromise to keep my partner. That's why I'm stuck in no man's land. Pardon the pun.