Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 3 December 2011

Tonight

Tonight it is going to be close, on time, but I am hoping t be able to get to join the girls from the Croydon Trans Group for the end of their Christmas dinner.   I have had a few occasions just lately when I could g out as Paula, but they have all been day time.  In deed nearly all the occasions Paula has had to go out have been day time.   On the whole this is good, safe and fun, but it also means that I don't get to wear the posh frocks.
I have this lovely slinky black sleeveless high necked cocktail dress that has been waiting for over a year too have an outing.   However for me it very much for evening wear, I intend to glam it up with some sparkly earrings, necklace and bracelet, and absolute killer heels.   Again I have had these shoes for a while and have just been waiting for an opportunity (excuse) to wear them out.   If I can get there in time, tonight will be the ideal occasion, since I won't have to wear the shoes very long, and I suspect that the extra height over anything I am used too could be quite taxing.   I am a little undecided what to do about my hair, at the moment my own hair is quite long (longer than in the photo) and I might be able to get away without a wig, but this would also mean I would be much more recognisable, I think I will take my blond(ish) wig with me and make a decision on the hoof.
I am also hoping to get to the opening of a new boutique in Streatham today.   I have never been into a Trans Boutique so this will be a whole new experience, oh yes and if I do the logistics are just so complicated that I would have to be in drab.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula,

Cute dress!! But, in the same way you said you would "glam it up" for a night outing, you could simplify it for a daytime outing too. I'm thinking some black opaque tights instead of the hose, and some low heel boots, with a cardigan sweater or just a jacket. Add a couple chunky bangle bracelets and a matching chunky necklace and your done!

Have fun, I hope you can get to the dinner, and the shopping!!

Ashlee

Paula said...

Thanks Ashlee, not a bad idea. I do also have an LBD which I think of as being more "day time" but I may try this one day when I have a chance