Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 23 December 2011

Sometimes it just doesn't work

I see that Meg of "You Can Call Me Meg" fame has been pushing the envelope of what to wear when, incorporating more and more fem attire into the daily life of him.    As so often happens I find that what I read on other people's blogs echoes my own experiences.   Recently I too have been pushing that envelope.   I find that I am more frequently wearing sheer hose under my jeans (ladies of course) my ladies polo neck jumpers, a few times a quick inventory has told me that in fact I may look as though I am in drab, but in fact I am not wearing a single item of male attire.
Yes these shoes
Well today (Wednesday) I had a little trip to Worthing to deliver Gloria to her new owner. Often (well mostly actually) when I have a trip I will "travel pretty" however as I would be coming home by train I was limited.   My outfit consisted of my M & S Ladies jeans over sheer black tights, these shoes, my black polo neck and a dark blue wool double breasted over jacket (not sure if that is a proper term, but it describes perfectly this lovely heavy wool coat that is just a little shorter than finger tip length)
I felt good, earlier I had been a bit down so to cheer myself up I had painted my toe nails bright red, this just totally showed through my tights, something which I just love.  

However on the train home I had the compartment to myself for a while so I decided to put on some eye makeup, lip gloss and ear rings, for some reason this was not at all satisfying.   I'm not sure why this should be, while just wearing the clothes I was in "stealth" mode but as soon as I put on a little make up and jewelry I was presenting, but I'm not sure what I was presenting, obviously a man but with some ladies jewelry and make up, maybe I was presenting as a "camp" man rather than as a manly woman and that is why it was not satisfying.   I know that if I had been able to put on a bra and forms, along with full makeup I would have felt good, and probably attracted less attention - well any way I would have felt as though I attracted less attention, in all probability no one else was in the least interested in what I was wearing.

1 comment:

Penny Clare said...

Yes, I'm afriad that 'neither one thing not the other' is something I try to avoid. Like you I'm ok with ladies jeans and tights, but otherwise I take the view that it has to be stealth or 'full-on', with nothing in between.