Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 16 December 2011

Hair Apparent

I had expected to spend today (Friday) working outdoors, before a quick dash home, grab something to eat, before going out again to an outdoor Carol Service.   As so often happens my expectations were wrong.
When I woke up it was raining, it was raining hard so the idea of cutting up logs and digging up roots did not appeal, apart from the fact that I would turn the garden I'm working on at the moment into a reenactment of the Somme, quite frankly I find that saws don't really work in the rain anyway.    I had a couple of letters to write and some figures to prepare so I decided to stay at home this morning and get these done.   Well left on my own at home, quite possibly for the last time this year, I could not let the opportunity slip.   I had a good shave put on my underwear and make up, then a Black Polo neck, black slacks over fishnet tights, grey tailored jacket and black court shoes.   I added a nice wide elasticated belt with a big silvered buckle, and a sparkly "Gecko" brooch.
It was nice to be dressed, and just getting on with some work.   However during a pause I inspected my presentation a bit closer and realised that my own grey hair was showing under my wig.   I have not had it cut since I posted http://paula-paulasplace.blogspot.com/2011/10/hair-today-gone-tomorrow.html back in October so it's hardy surprising that it had got a bit long.   Not being able to get over to Sunbury I popped up to the Crystal Palace to "Way Ahead" I had never been in before but it looked like a nice place and I had something else I wanted to do there while dressed.   Paul cut my hair and managed to do it very well - disproving my theory that men can't cut my hair, previously I have only had good haircuts from women, but that was in barbers not hairdressers.   It did cost a bit more than I would have liked, but the finished result is very nice, and the family approve.
Paul was quite keen that I should wear my own hair, rather than my wig, also that I should dye it either two tone blond or auburn, I had to explain that this would not be possible with my domestic situation, etc. etc. This confused the poor boy almost as much as trying to find the right pronoun to use, I had to explain that when dressed "like this" my name is Paula and I like to be called Paula or Madame, I hope he remembers as I may well be going back.

I have to say that once again I was accepted without comment, my reception was friendly, and welcoming and the experience a positive one.   On a side note my wife did notice that I had had my hair cut, she also asked if I had had my eyebrows trimmed - nothing has been done to them since they were threaded a couple of weeks ago, but she noticed now that my hair has been cut!

1 comment:

Arianwen said...

It's a shame that you can't take Paul's advice, as I thing that a nice shade of auburn would look good for Paula... but then, I am a bit partial to being a redhead.