Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

High Heels

We all love high heels don't we. I have yet to come across one of us girls that doesn't take every opportunity offered to put on some heels and strut her stuff.   I also know that I am not alone in having tried some highly (sic) inappropriate heels on occasion over the years.    I will admit to the patent leather thigh high boots with a five inch heel.   Now I know I did say that it was easier to walk in boots than shoes or sandals, but these were just not appropriate for any situation I was prepared to find myself in, and to paraphrase the song, these boots were not made for walking!

On Monday I wore a pair of Marks & Sparks pumps with about a 2 inch heel all day, and I felt good, I knew I was "properly" dressed and was still very comfortable, as comfortable as I would have been in trainers, but they made me feel so much better about myself.   I think that wearing heels gives me a boost in my confidence when I am dressed, it's certainly not the extra height since at 5"10' I'm a tall girl already, somehow it's about being properly dressed, and with a skirt or dress heels finish the ensemble
Post a Comment