Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 26 October 2011

High Heels

We all love high heels don't we. I have yet to come across one of us girls that doesn't take every opportunity offered to put on some heels and strut her stuff.   I also know that I am not alone in having tried some highly (sic) inappropriate heels on occasion over the years.    I will admit to the patent leather thigh high boots with a five inch heel.   Now I know I did say that it was easier to walk in boots than shoes or sandals, but these were just not appropriate for any situation I was prepared to find myself in, and to paraphrase the song, these boots were not made for walking!

On Monday I wore a pair of Marks & Sparks pumps with about a 2 inch heel all day, and I felt good, I knew I was "properly" dressed and was still very comfortable, as comfortable as I would have been in trainers, but they made me feel so much better about myself.   I think that wearing heels gives me a boost in my confidence when I am dressed, it's certainly not the extra height since at 5"10' I'm a tall girl already, somehow it's about being properly dressed, and with a skirt or dress heels finish the ensemble

2 comments:

Pretty Sissy Dani said...

One other point about heels--for most of us "girls", our legs are often our best feature, in terms of looking feminine. Wearing heels draws attention to that part of our presentation, and away from the parts that might be less feminine.

Paula said...

I think you may have something there, I think my legs may well be my "best" feature, I certainly like to show them off in a nice pair of heels