Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Basket Case

After deciding on the title of this post I thought I would look up the various meanings, with my background I tend to think of a basket case an on ald motor bike in pieces in need of a total rebuild; i.e. it comes in a number of baskets. Chambers defines Basket Case as a person with all fur limbs amputated; a nervous wreck, someone unable to cope' a country that cannot cope economically. Well I have no intention of writing about any of that.

After all the excitement and analyses of Pride, the euphoria and the accusations it was quite nice to get back to work and some flowers.

I have a customer who is known for his hanging baskets, always colourful and overflowing with blooms, but this year he decided that it would be too much for him to prepare them so gave me the job.   We are both very pleased with the outcome.



This customer is of indeterminate age, but I have been working for him for at least 10 years now, and I know he was retired when I started.   He enjoys his garden but cannot manage all of it with his other commitments. An active member of his Church he volunteers as their administrator a couple of afternoons each week, he is also the main carer for his wife.

Despite all the things he is involved with he never pays his invoice late, he always greets me with a smile and a friendly word, he always gets my name right and his been very supportive.


In short this is the sort of man that is in short supply ~ a Gentleman in the true sense of the word. A joy to work for!

No comments: