Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Friday 11 November 2011

I should read my own blog

I should pay more attention to what I write.   I managed to find a couple of hours free this afternoon so I decided to dress, and let Paula out to play. Why should I read what I write, I wore a pair of hold up stockings, and they didn't! fortunately for me although the dress I was wearing is rather short (I like short) I was wearing my wonderful long winter coat ( Windsmoor cashmere mix), fortunately because there I was walking around Croydon town centre with my stockings creeping down my legs towards my knees just as well the coat is long.   On the whole not a good look!
I started off in West wickham where I did succumb to a pair of shoes in the Oxfam shop, and then into Croydon town centre.   My original plan was to go to the bank and pay in a few cheques, but I was too late for the bank.   As by then my stockings were beginning to become an annoying embarrassment I popped into Primark picked up some tights and then into Debenhams to use their ladies' to change.   I selected a grey animal print design which I really like.  Walking back to where I had parked I felt so great with these tights on I left my coat open so everyone could enjoy the pattern, showing rather more leg than auntie would approve of.   Apart from the tights I resisted the temptation to buy anything else other than a cup of coffee, so maybe I am getting better.

It now takes me a lot less time to change, I stay pretty clean shaven all the time, so unless I am showing a bit of chest it is just a question of putting on some makeup.   I have decided that less is more in this department.   Today I wore very light makeup and minimum jewelry (apart from big ear rings) and barely got a second look, despite the very short dress!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading some (not all) of your blog I’m so happy to see you write very eloquently about our way of life and with so much passion, self-respect, humour and reflection
If anything needed to emancipate us, it is this we should use as promotional assets
I have to admit the fact you are a musician playing the trombone is adding great value too ☺
I will join your fan club if you don’t mind.

Greetings,
Corinna

Arianwen said...

You go, girl! Some time out in the world as Paula... I'm jealous! Being a rather big girl, I would never have entertained the thought of stockings with out suspenders, as I would never trust them to stay up near my thighs where they belong and not down about my ankles.

I applaud your courage to not only grab only what was needed but also to enter the forbidden domain (the ladies' WC) to make things right.

Thank you for sharing!

CallMeMeg said...

I haven't had good luck with "thigh highs," especially under male attire. I think, under slacks, the movement grabs the stocking and pulls it down bit by bit. As you said, not a good look!