Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 30 September 2017

Any Answers

20 bits of fluff
I first saw this post on Joey's Pad so I thought I'd steal it.

1.What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
(as the actress said to the bishop .... sorry, where was I?)
Well since I am writing this on Saturday morning while listening to that radio and contemplating what to have for breakfast, it was a cup of tea.   If I had written this last night of course it may well have been a very different answer.

2. Where was your profile pic taken?
As far as I can remember this was at an LGSO concert some years ago, so it would have been at St Sepulchres Without Newgate This ancient Church is known as "The Musicians Church" and contains the Nation Musicians Chapel and the Ashes of Sir Henry Wood.   Sadly the current PCC (Parochial Church Council) have plans to stop renting the Church out for secular concert performances, which will sadly diminish the musical life of the City. For the full story and a chance to sign the petition follow this link!
3. Worst pain you've ever experienced?
I am so tempted to say the broken heart I experienced when my first fiancĂ© left me, it was an emotional pain I thought I would never get over, but lets be honest a broken neck really, really hurts.   The result of a sports injury in my mid 20s which gave constant insufferable pain for several month and has left me with marginal discomfort or pain ever since
4. Favourite place you've traveled?

How to choose, I have travelled in Europe but not beyond so I have a limited number of choices, but also so many special places.   Carcassonne in the South of France is a magical place, I have revisited several time since my first time there as a child on a touring holiday with my parents.

Or maybe where I will be going again shortly Malta, the climate at this time of year suits me, the capital Valletta is a world heritage site, the food is good and the people are friendly.

I could go on, my time in Seville was very important, although shorter than planed, I have enjoyed stays in France, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, and of course here in the UK.   But for me I think my favorite place is the RHS Garden at Wisley in Surrey.   Certainly I have told my Daughter that if I am to be cremated this is where I want my ashes scattered.

5. How late did you stay up last night?
As a musician I am often out rehearsing or performing, yesterday was a rehearsal so I wasn't too late getting home, but did stay up to watch the Cricket highlights.   Once again I find that it was not last night when I when to bed but this morning.

6. If you could move somewhere else, where would it be?
I have often considered where else I might like to live, but always come back to the same basic area of South East London, whether it's actually Croydon or Penge or West Wickham it doesn't matter too much to me, I am pretty happy with my flat but I do miss having my own garden.

8. Which of your Blogger friends lives closest to you.
This has to be Joey, just as he sited me I can't think of any others who life closer, especially since many of my Blogging friends life the other side of the Atlantic. For me this is one of the joys of Blogging, a bit like having pen friends all around the World. 
10. When was the last time you cried?
I can't be sure, but I do know that I am crying much more often than I used to.   This is one of the many non-physical results of my HRT.   I am a sucker for a tear jerker movie so am careful about what I watch at the cinema so as not to embarrass myself too much.
11. Who took your profile photo?
Shamefully I cannot remember, we were having several photos taken at the concert, but I am not in may as I always seem to get hidden behind a pillar. I led this one as it shows me doing what I love most and covers up half my face.
12. Who was the last person you took a picture with?
I really don't know, . 
13. What's your favourite season?
The next one.   That's a real gardeners answer, we are always looking and planning forward, sometimes even to the extent of failing to enjoy the present.   Each season holds it's attractions, and indeed it's demerits as well, but most of all I love the changes between the season, the first growth of early spring, the fresh peonies and explosion of blossom if early Summer and the changing leaves and late blooms of late summer early Autumn.
I love to watch Cricket, but Rugby has a special place in my heart so if forced I would choose the Rugby Season, and since that now includes the changes between Summer and Autumn, Autumn and Winter, as well as all of Spring and now early Summer as well .
14. If you could have any career, what would it be?
I truly love my work, but it would be nice to have a higher, reliable income, along with paid holidays and a pension scheme. I tried being a professional musician and an amateur gardener, but have found it works better for me the other way round, I still have the uncertain hours and income, but at least I can choose what music I play now rather than always follow the money.
I hope that's true of me too.
15. Do you think relationships are ever worth it?
I will be positive on this and say yes! Certainly a friend in need can be a pain in the arse, but having somebody to share things with, to be quite with is important to me.   Like many people I have had some pretty disastrous relationships, but those that have stayed with me ~ my Brothers, Daughter and Wife, are important to me.   
16. If you could talk to ANYONE right now who would it be?
This is difficult, my first thought is my Dad, he died 25 years ago, and so never saw me married, never met his Grand Daughter, and never knew of my transition. I can't say that I think he would understand, but I'm sure that he would show his love and want me to be content in live. 
17. Are you a good influence?
I'm not sure that I'm and influence at all, good or bad.   I don't know what sort of a role model I would be for anyone, I'm not very diligent or organised, I'm lousy with money, drink too much, and don't even manage to always dress appropriately so I suspect I'm more likely to be a bad influence than a good one.. 
18. Does pineapple belong on pizza?
Not really, but I don't have strong views on the matter.

19. You have the remote, what channel?
Most likely BBC2 or 4, but most of the TV I watch these days is either sport (Cricket, Rugby or Motor Sport ~ not that other silly game) or stuff I have recorded to catch up with later. 
20. Whom do you think will play along?
Probably no one who hasn't already.

No comments: