Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 21 January 2017

Baby it's cold outside

The other day I mentioned Silver Halide Dreams, another blog where I hadn't seen a post for some time.   Well low and behold Bunny has made a post! Maybe I should do this more often and then even Meg might come up with something!

~~~

It has been cold, maybe not by Siberian stand, but by Surrey standards it's cold.   Yesterday I planned to work around 10:00 but the frost was still hard.   By around 11:30 I thought that I should at least show my face, so I went out to the van and found I had to scrape f the inside of the windscreen!   I managed hours useful work at my customer but much of the garden was still covered with frost so was very restricted in what I could do.

~~~

My flat faces north, so it gets no direct sun and is pretty cold most of the winter. It is lovely and cool in the summer but there is always a trade off.   In November I bought myself an oil filled radiator which I have been leaving on at the lowest setting all the time, it certainly takes the edge of the cold and doesn't seem to be costing me too much.   Mind you with EON still not playing ball with my meter I am spending more than I should be.

~~~

The cold has also got to my wife's car, yet ait has suffered with a flat battery, I popped round today to give a jump off the van and a quick once over. Driving it around the block I was struck by just how much fun it was, after my van and the Sher little Polo felt like a sports car, small, nippy, taught suspension and very direct steering and brakes. I won't be rushing out to change as my tuba doesn't fit in the boot, but it did remind me why I like that car so much.

~~~

I always used to look forward to winter, as for me that was the best part of the Ruby season, I don't enjoy the winter quite so much now, but I am enjoying watching the European Rugby of TV, and am now looking forward to the Six Nations. I certainly wouldn't want to engage in that level of physicality now, but still enjoy watching. Indeed I have now decided that the best way for me to enjoy exercise is vicariously.

No comments: