Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Thursday 8 December 2016

Advent Calendar IIX



Just in case I gave the wrong impression yesterday, I do like Christmas, and I enjoy the musical extravaganza it affords me.   Last Friday I played my first Christmas concert of the year, then on Saturday I played in the band for a friends conducting exam.  This Saturday I will be playing with my own band the Croydon Symphonic Band.   Amongst a nice varied program we will be including one of my own arrangements; The Coventry Carol scored for four Saxophones accompanied by a clarinet Choir with added bassoon!  

We play this concert for one of my favorite charities, Five Talents UK, please take the time to follow the link and see what you think, and if you can, make a small contribution.   I love the way they manage to make such a big impact from such small amounts, transforming peoples lives and indeed whole communities.

So I hope that this manages to convince you that I am not really a Grinch.

No comments: