Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Saturday 18 April 2015

Pelly Concert Orchestra

Today I am playing with the Pelly Concert Orchestra, a lovely concert Orchestra based in deepest Surrey.   They are a very nice bunch, very friendly and very welcoming, they also seem to have found a bit of a niche in the market as they play almost exclusively popular light music.   Whether it's Eric Coates, Russ Conway or John Williams this Orchestra is in concept the closest thing I have found to an ameutar Boston Pops.

Today's program includes two concerts, one for Families including such classics as Bob The Builder and Pirates of the Caribbean. Later we will play a more "normal" concert adding in some Khachaturian  and some Gershwin.   All in all I am assured of a wonderful, full day playing lots of fun music with some top rate tuba parts to keep me on my toes.

What will I be wearing? to order for the day is black bottoms and a plain coloured top, so I think it will be black dress trousers and either a pink or mauve blouse, depending how I feel at the time.

No comments: