Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Something New

I have mentioned a few times recently that there are increasingly less things that I can do for the first time, and I seem to have been ticking quite a few of those remaining ones off the list.

Well on Monday another first passed.   I had been pottering around at home, a bit of housework, a bit of admin, started writing a report that I have been putting off, when I suddenly realised I would have to get my skates on, go out to work and do some gardening.   When it came to getting changed I just couldn't bring myself to put Paula back in a box and butch up.   Instead I just put on my working trousers and shirt and went straight to the customers.   Because of the nature of my work there is very little in dress terms that is not gender neutral, I usually have some ear studs in and often sport some nail polish, but this was the first occasion when I left my make up on and my boobs in place.

I should say that I have no wish to inflict heart failure on any of my customers, but on Monday I was making the first call on this customer since taking on her garden, I had been over  to meet her a couple of weeks earlier and on that initial meeting had been wearing a skirt as I was on my way home from another (non work related) meeting.

I was not surprised by my customers lack of surprise, however I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable I was working while wearing a bra.   I had always rather expected this to be an added encumbrance that would just make life a little more complicated, however I was perfectly comfortable and nothing got the way.   A first but by no means a last.

No comments: