Paula's Place

Paula's Place

Tuesday 24 January 2012

The weekend sarted here

In order to get to Cardiff in reasonable time to be able to look around a bit before going to my Mothers I packed my over night bag on Friday night, got up early on Saturday, dressed and out of the house by 6:30 I had crossed town and was on the A4 before 7:00.   To those of you who don't know London this is a journey that if made a  couple of hours later would take between one and half, and two hours.   Of course I was travelling pretty (sorry just had to borrow this term from Kimberley at Travelling Transgendered) but not over the top.  I had on a pair of black slacks, a black roll neck, grey jacket and black pumps.   A bit more dressed up than the average white van driver on the Motorway, but not much.
What this meant was that I attracted very little attention, first when I stopped for a coffee, and then later as I did a bit of shopping.   First I went to Matalan I was not looking for anything specific, but did find a very nice blouse, white short puff sleeves, with black spots and a black satin tie around the waist.   this was on sale so I picked up a nice blouse for £4   Some of my fem clothes I can wear in male mode, but this will not be one of them.   Next stop Sainsbury's to pick up something for lunch, checking their sale items I found a ring I rather like so I picked that up for a massive, bank balance busting £1.   All this time no one seemed to pay any undue attention to the rather tall lady in high heels.

As all the clothes I was wearing except for the jacket do fall into the category of those that will pass as male I just slipped off my bra and changed jacket before going to Mum's.   As well as making life a lot easier, it also meant that when I had to go out again to do her shopping after lunch, it took very little time r effort to make sure I was "properly" dressed.   Once again no one in Tesco paid me any special attention, however I did have a couple of chats, one with another customer and with the cashier.   It was very nice not to be subject to any special attention, to just blend in.   I don't know if I passed, but I certainly blended.

No comments: